Listen Live

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Good Merton, Bad Merton

  Came across an interesting article dealing with a question I've had as a somewhat new Catholic (and in Catholic time, seven years is new!): What to make of Thomas Merton? Though I have read very little of Thomas Merton--whose residence at Gethsemani is just down the road from me--I've gotten a sense from some that Merton's theology got a progressively squishy the further he went in seeking to reconcile Catholicism and the Eastern religions.

  But then, others vigorously defend him...

   So at the risk of stirring up controversy (little old me?) we'll be discussing this on the show, driving my question of the day: What do you think of Thomas Merton?

  Other topics...

What Inigo Montoya might say to some post-modern/emergent "church" planters

Why I hope Robert Ballard succeeds (but I don't need him to)

And a postmortem on Alabama's BCS annihilation of the Irish

No comments:

Post a Comment