Listen Live

Monday, January 7, 2013

My Karaoke Epiphany

    Last night we had a wonderful Real Life Radio Epiphany party at the clubhouse of Stoney Falls apartment complex. As part of the evening, we tried our hand at a little karaoke. After putting everyone's preferred song in a hat, I had the good fortune of drawing my own submission, which was....drumroll please....


I picked that song for two reasons: 1. Because I love it, and 2. I've always wanted to sing "Cadillac-ack-ack-ack-ack..."

Then a little later, I got to try Phil Collins' "You'll Be in My Heart," from Disney's Tarzan--unfortunately, I had forgotten how high Phil Collins' voice is (self, take note).

Several others sang as well, including Jennifer the Call Screener, Danny Milburn, Lisa Figlestahler, Katie Templin, Larry and Kim Todd, and of course our own Leo "Freakdaddy" Brown, who sang the most ambitious two songs of the night, "Another One Bites the Dust," by Queen and "Come Sail Away," by Styx.

Each of us acquitted ourselves with varying degrees of success (I'll let you guess), but we also were put in our place by Chuck Coughlin, who, unbeknown to us, had lengthy stage experience from his three decades of living in Miami, Florida, including this part which he sang for us....


After hearing Chuck sing, the rest of us realized that our voices sounded like an old-time "ring for service" bell at a hotel front desk compared to Chuck's booming cathedral bell.

The whole experience gave me my own spiritual epiphany which I'll share on Monday's show, along with these topics...

Coach Brandon Salsman of the Lexington Catholic Knights men's basketball team, talking about the season thus far.....

The real intent of the film "The Exorcist"

Why Notre Dame will beat Alabama

and more fodder for Inigo Montoya....


No comments:

Post a Comment